A Tour of Nuwara Eliya
On this tour, a local guide will accompany you to some of the most famous attractions in town. These include:
- Nuwara Eliya Golf Club – one of the oldest and most beautiful golf clubs in Asia, steeped in history and tradition.
- Victoria Park – one of the country’s most attractive and wellmaintained town parks with an extensive array of flowering plants, especially during the months of March to May.
- Post Office – another historical landmark in Nuwara Eliya. This Tudor style two-storey red brick building was constructed in 1894 by the British.
- Lake Gregory – a scenic reservoir with water sports and boat rides, as well as a beautiful lawn for picnics, strolls and other activities.
- Bale Bazaar – a local bazaar, popularly known as the ‘winter market’, where you can get great bargains on warm clothing, as well as lovely, fresh produce including strawberries, pineapples, and mangoes.
- Adma Agro Strawberry Farm Shop – no visit to Nuwara Eliya is complete without indulging in Nuwara Eliya strawberries. Adma Agro is well known for their strawberry desserts and jams, and you can choose to savour strawberries with fresh cream, condensed milk or in the form of a juice.