Visit to the Historic 19th Century Christ Church Warleigh
Christ Church Warleigh, is a tiny church perched on a hill above the Castlereagh Reservoir, a short drive from Camellia Hills. The church was built in 1878 by British planters (for British planters), and its stone exterior exhibits a typical, colonial style. The well-preserved interiors are cosy, with worn timber pews, and a trio of 19th century-stained glass windows, above a carved wooden altar. The church’s original, weather-beaten bible is still intact, along with an ageing pipe organ in working condition. The church is set within a lush garden beneath towering cypress trees, and its graveyard is where the story of the British planters comes alive.